[LUNI] RE: One more thing -- KDE
noesis at darktide.com
Sun Nov 10 13:49:01 CST 2002
> > Control-C and the like are the most common. *shrug*.
> That's the 95% argument. As you see, it's the recurring backbone of
> this thread. :-)
> > Do all Windows versions use Control+C,X,V for copy, cut and paste
> > operations (respectively)? Excuse my Windows-ignorance.
> I think that might be one of the things that Microsoft hasn't changed,
> at least in Word, since [Windows version] 3.1. I'm pretty sure I've
> seen non-MS apps that had different conventions, though it's possible
> those were all older programs that may finally have been retired along
> with the old P75 machines that were replaced this summer.
I have seen Alt+C,V,X as well around. I believe it was MacOS
where I saw that.
> > of me telling you this is I would not have switched to Syphleed however
> > if it didn't support Mutts shortcut keys. Simply because I like and have
> > grown used to them.
> Mutt is an interesting case. I have to say that its key bindings were
> a bit of an obstacle for me, and although I am fairly well used to them
> by now, I still fond them so unintuitive that I use only a fraction of
> the them with any regularity. Ironically, it's the wide availability
> of mutt that makes it seem pointless to undertake the effort of
> massively customizing it. Even if I would be using my personalized
> setup 90% of the time, that would only make the other 10% that much
> more excruciating. :-(
Right. SSH into a server to check your mail and you end up reading
the help file of a mail client you have been using for years. <g>
> The trouble with customizing your environment is that it just doesn't
> propagate, so it's not even worth the trouble. -- Joel Spolsky
Your quote sums it up. :P
More information about the luni