[LUNI] UGLC LAN PART AND B2B Info Meeting>>PAS S IT ON
jgerhardt at kacschgo.org
jgerhardt at kacschgo.org
Fri Sep 29 12:17:54 CDT 2006
What: Friday September 29th 2006 SPecial Meeting of the UGLC to introduce
people to our new Focus On NASA: Birds to Bots (B2B) program for Youth.
Come meet our youth and get information about the 2006 LEADER AWARD Winning
Space Science and Robotics Program (see flyer attached). Spread the word to
any "GEEK" youth you know 15-19 and enrolled in High School or a GED
program. If you are presently a youth, this IS the kind of program you want
to be in if you are into tech, games or science.
If you are an adult, this is the kind of program you wish you could have
been in while in high school. So, why not volunteer to join the team as a
mentor or squad leader?
When: 6:00 to midnight
Where: 4300 North California.
Sponsored By: KACS and the Underground Gamers League of Chicago
WHO: are the UGLC? A group of Youth ages 15-21 who love technology and are
not ashamed of exploring their inner geek.
Cost: We ask for a donation of $3.00 per person to contribute to pizzas and
soda. If you want to join the club its $20.00. There is no requirement to
Games Played: Tonight is: DDR on the big screen, Counter Strike, Starcraft
and PC Risk. Continuous through evening.
Movie tonight(8:30pm): To be determined
Ages: 15 and up. Under 17 needs permission of parent to stay after 10:00pm.
Youth staying after 10:00pm must have transportation home. Adults
(including parents) are welcome with the exception of creepy people.
1) No "in and out", if you leave the building you are done for the evening
unless you are making a food or beverage run for the group.
2) No drug use. If you show up looking acting or smelling of pot you can
not come in. NO EXCEPTIONS.
3) No Adult beverages with fermented or distillated hydrocarbons
4) Caffine is just fine (did you know that the molecular chain of caffine is
very close to that of urinal cakes? Makes you think).....
5) No smoking. If you leave the building to have a smoke you can not come
back inside. The exception to that is if you make a food or beverage run.
6) No Gang colors, no gang affiliations period (unless its a gang of
7) You must have fun. No puffdas allowed.
8) If your name is Bruce you must bring form 47 along with you to gain
entry, unless of course if you are from Perth.
9) Leave you politics at the door. The exception is for those who hate Bill
Gates or the Phone companies
10) pets are NOT welcome unless penguin or robotic
11) Female geeks are very welcome. This is a good group of guys and any
female will be treated with respect.
12) Bring you guitar and jamb.
More information about the luni