[LUNI] Making a private network somewhat public.
jason at hostedlabs.com
Wed Dec 12 09:55:00 CST 2007
Exactly.. Sorry, it was more for illustration purposes than anything else.
But off the top of my head, what could theoretically be part of that 10%
could be a remote exploit in the IP stack of the linksys kernel that
only a few people in the world know about or some obscure bug in the
Wifi driver that someone nearby could crack. This (made up) last 10% is
the battleground of hardcore security people and a full-time job to
really get right. Diminishing returns..
If you want to get to the point where its as close to secure as being
physically unplugged (which itself is still exploitable remotely, ala
Van Eck and what not) then you are getting into the realm of full-time
Martin Maney wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 12, 2007 at 09:26:20AM -0600, Richard Reina wrote:
>> Sorry for being a newbie when it comes to security. But if a new Linksys
>> router makes me 90% secure, what's the other 10%, what measures do the other
>> 10% consist of?
> It's just meaningless handwaving with numbers. Did you know that 73%
> of all statistics are just made up?
More information about the luni