[LUNI] [JOB] Tribune hiring unix admins in Chicago and LA
Timothy J. Wielgos
tim at wielgos.com
Mon Dec 27 12:09:39 CST 2010
Just thought I'd share - Tribune is hiring more Unix admins, both in Chicago and
LA. We're also hiring a Telecom (Asterisk, VOIP) person and a Network (Cisco)
person. Send me your resumes offline.
Here's the job description for the Unix gig. Let me know if you're interested
in the network or telecom gigs.
Tribune Technology currently has an opening for a Senior UNIX/Linux
Administrator. In this position your responsibilities will include managing
architecture, installations, configurations, monitoring, and maintenance of the
hardware, OS, and some Middleware and application services. Server functions
include applications, web services and databases supporting publishing,
broadcasting, and interactive business units.
* Must be able to work in a team environment managing 1200+ servers across
different and remote locations
* Scripting automated tasks for Solaris, LINUX, UNIX events
* Part of a 24x7 pager rotation
* Able to adapt to rapidly changing environments
* Quickly troubleshoot issues and drive towards resolution
* Follow up on issues and perform root cause analysis
* Candidate must have 5+ years experience in managing UNIX environments,
preferably, Solaris and Linux servers in an enterprise environment.
* Solaris administrators should have experience with Solaris 9 and 10,
clustering in either Veritas Clustering (with Veritas File System) or Sun
Clustering (with Sun Volume Manager).
* Linux Administrators will be familiar with Red Hat Linux running a LAMP
stack, with experience managing the different components of the stack.
* Linux environments would be both standalone and in VMware or Xen.
* Strong documentation and communication skills
Experience in any of the following is considered a plus:
* Middleware and web servers (Sun One, Oracle Apps Portal, JBoss, Tomcat,
Apache, Informatica, WebLogic, etc )
* Active Directory for UNIX
* Mac OS X Server
* Solaris zfs and zones
* Storage solutions (SAN,NFS, NetApp)
* Unified Computing System (Cisco)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the LUNI